Meet jakarta's local food in bali : kerak telor khas betawi

10:25 PM

Found this place near jalan north imam bonjol (Called it north because it was far from kuta and near from the city) across the fontana market. I never thought that I could find Jakarta's local food in this place

I found this by accident, I suddenly spotted people making something with his beanie hat. Then I suddenly read that it's Kerak Telor woot woot








Kerak Telor or Egg Crust is a Jakarta's traditional omelette style. It is made from egg with rice blend with the egg. It is garnished with serundeng (fried grated coconut)  and fried shallots on top. Something that really unique is when the egg was half done, we should flip the pan so the egg will touch the fire (mistranslation lol) Let me give you the picture







Interested?
People said that if you didn't flip it, it won't taste like kerak telor lol

Every local food might get their own history, Kerak telor was known since long time ago where Jakarta was full of coconut trees and the Betawi people loves to make something new and boom! kerak telor is made and made into best selling in Jakarta on that year. Because it was popular kerak telor finally being the must to eat food in Jakarta. 

Jakarta was rich of Coconut trees, that's why Jakarta's food mostly made of coconut especially coconut milk.







See the egg? 
Even though it looks simple, it's really is popular in Surabaya, what I mean about popular is that people are really curious of it and always said to me that they really want to try it. But it was long time ago, I think people already know how was the taste

But I haven't try it, that's why I'm really happy to found it.

Egg and rice, I'm really curious with it!







How was the taste?
It actually taste like a normal egg but taste different if you eat it with the grate coconut, it will tatste little bit sweet. I prefer eat it with sambal because almost every indonesian food is just perfect with sambal lol.

You could get the egg custard at night for IDR 13 each which it's enough lah ya

Haven't posted much lately, i just too busy this month T.T 
but gonna updating later!
ikkeru


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram Follow on Instagram