Meet mr. taiyaki in bali!

12:53 PM

Even though Korean food is now popular in Bali lately, Japanese food will never easily gone. This is what I feel when you will saw many street vendor selling their food. I found so many many Japanese street vendor started with selling sushi, ramen, and japanese snacks such as takoyaki and 





taiyaki!








Actually, i found it before I moved to Bali but I haven't posted about it. It was raining so hard and I'm thinking about buying something warm and finally went to this place again
I never thought that it has already like 3 years ago the last time I went here coldsweats01
For you who does not know taiyaki yet, taiyaki is baked seabream in english which it means a Japanese fish-shaped cake. The taiyaki batter is poured in the fish shaped mold for each side.  It was filled with red bean paste inside but lately you could choose what do you want for the filling: Custard, chocolate or cheese, but red bean paste is my favorite one hehehe. #notasking #thankyou
People are in love with taiyaki because of the shape and the taste of sweet filling. 








I thought it would be a bit pricey but it isn't! I'm ordering the azuki and cream cheese for IDR 8 
I wonder if I could eat the jack fruit (nangka) because it's looks weird lol. There are 2 kinds of people who eat taiyaki differently, eat the tail first or its head and I'm a type who eating the head first happy02
It does not taste really sweet so I like it hehe. If I could guess the calories I think it's about 220-250 cal so if you're on a diet program don't eat it too much because if you eat 2 piece of taiyaki it would be same like you're eating a big meal. fyi, the you even could the taste of the custard in its tail while usually you could find stingy vendor who only fill it in the middle #brokenenglish

Eat it while warm is more better than eat it cold! 










in a bit nostalgic with Japan for a while, there are so many things that i haven't do it in Japan! Luckily i found taiyaki vendor. You could find it in Pertokoan Kartika Plaza Jl, Diponegoro. It's near from BCA KCP Maluku. It would be easier for you who knows toko Sakura because it's exactly across toko sakura.

I'm actually interested with taiyaki parfait especially they make it with blending the azuki and green tea ice cream. Sounds delicious :(
 But I haven't found it both in Bali or Surabaya. Jakarta has it I think.


Do you like taiyaki?
ikkeru

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Love this! ♥
    Want all the pieces too!
    You are making me jealous, pretty!

    adoorablee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Instagram Follow on Instagram